Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Limoncello cake

Today we´re celebrating my boss´ birthday, so I started yesterday with Peggy Porschens Limoncello cake. The recipe is quite straightforward. The batter is easy to mix together (especially with my new mixing machine:) ) and smells very lemon-y. After the layers are out of the oven they´re soaked with lemon syrup, which is made out of lemon jucie, sugar and lemon liqour. I used lemon-mint juice instead of the liqour  because I couldn´t find any at my local supermarket. I had to make the buttercream 2 and a half of the quantity given, because it wasn´t enough to fill the layers and coat the cake. I´m not really good at coating a cake, so it doesn´t look even close to Peggy Porschens version. But I hope it will taste good nevertheless.


I will give you an update on the taste, once it´s cut:)

No comments:

Post a Comment